- 2 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup of roasted red peppers, roughly diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 teaspoons Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans
- 1 15.5 oz can lentils
- 1 15.5 oz can red kidney beans
- 1 15.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sliced scallions
- cilantro, stems and leaves
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- lime wedges
Chop all fresh vegetables. Drain all canned beans.
Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottom pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onions, garlic, carrot, celery, and mushrooms and sweat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomato paste and Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt and lightly cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add in drained black beans, lentils, kidney beans, peppers, tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Bring to simmer, then cook on low for 20 to 30 minutes. To slightly thicken the chili, use a potato masher to gently crush some of the beans.
Scoop into bowls and add toppings as desired.
Momofuku Seasoned Salt is a starter pack of flavor to take your cooking to the next level, packed with the same umami-rich ingredients we use in our Momofuku restaurant kitchens.