Korean Spicy Marinade
- ⅓ cup Gochujang
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Sugar (heaping)
- 2 tablespoon Mirin
- 3 tablespoons Momofuku Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt
- ½ teaspoon Momofuku Sesame Oil
- ½ pound Thinly-sliced pork belly (uncured bacon will also work here)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kewpie mayonnaise
Marinate the pork. Mix all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl, then set half of it aside. Add pork belly to the remaining sauce and mix with your hands. Refrigerate for 20–30 minutes or up to a few hours to let it marinate.
When you are ready to cook, add olive oil to a pan over high heat. Add marinated pork belly and char on both sides until cooked through. Mix remaining marinade with Kewpie mayonnaise and serve as a sauce on the side. Serve with rice.
Liquids Starter Pack | Bring Momofuku flavor to your home kitchen with our liquids starter pack. Featuring our Soy Sauce, Tamari, and Toasted Sesame Oil, this pack will give you the tools to take your recipes to the next level.