- 6 whole plum tomatoes
- 1 onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, halved and deseeded
- ⅓ cup cilantro stems and leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt
Combine the tomatoes, onions, and jalapeño in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until they are well charred on all sides. Transfer to a food processor or blender.
Pulse lightly in the food processor until desired consistency, or hand chop if you prefer a chunkier salsa. Transfer from food processor to a serving bowl. Mix in cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice. Add Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt and stir until mixed thoroughly.
Can be made up to one day ahead.
Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt is supercharged salt and pepper. It mixes kosher salt with garlic, tamari, kelp, and mushroom powder.