- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 teaspoons Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt
- 4–5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shallots, sliced ½ in thick
- ½ stick butter, cubed
- 1½ cups onions, sliced ½ in thick
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chives, cut into 1 in sticks
One hour ahead of time, marinade the cleaned shrimp in a resealable plastic bag with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 teaspoons of Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt.
Use a peeler to zest the lemon into long strips. Set aside. Juice the lemon and strain.
Put a sauté pan on medium heat and sauté shrimp in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook shrimp one minute on each side. They shouldn’t have too much color.
Remove shrimp from the pan. Sauté the garlic, shallots, lemon zest strips, and onion with another tablespoon of olive oil for about 2–3 minutes.
Deglaze pan with white wine, and allow it to reduce by two thirds. Add in 3 teaspoons of Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt and butter. Add the shrimp back into the pan. If the sauce is too much, add water.
Finish with chives and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Toss to combine.
Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt adds a punch of heat. It combines all the ingredients of Savory Seasoned Salt, plus gochugaru pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and dried chilies.